This was our first Thanksgiving home with family in a handful of years. We have always been tied up in work and unable to get away long enough to spend quality time, so we spent it with family and friends in San Diego. This year, we had the genius plan of spending all day with my family, and then the weekend at the cabin for Thanksgiving 2 with his family. It was a great plan and we will likely be repeating it because it was so great to get an entire day with each family to really enjoy them.
My mom did a more formal Thanksgiving this year like we used to growing up. We had so many yummy things and the table turned out lovely of course. My SIL Courtney is the mastermind behind the turkey napkins and place cards made with little buckets filled with nuts and chocolate.
And she also made this divine Apple pie. I’ll have to get the recipe and attempt to share it too because I don’t know that I’ve ever had a tastier one…
It was also my dad’s birthday this week, and my brother gifted him this yard game that would be perfect as a gift! We loved it!
Thanks everyone for a beautiful day!
- Strawberries and Spring Break – April 3, 2017
- Quitting my business, and [almost] Quitting blogging… – March 15, 2017
- DIY Gumball Machine ornaments for my Colorful Christmas tree! – December 5, 2016
- Thanksgiving in Arizona – November 28, 2016
- Orange Monkey Pull Apart Bread – November 23, 2016