These sweet and tangy pork sliders are where it’s at! I am obsessed with Sweet Baby Rays and LOVE this new Hawaiian Barbecue Sauce on them!
In the summer, we almost exclusively grill at our house. Keep the heat outside where it belongs, ya know?!
A while back my dad smoked up a pile of pork and we decided it’s one of the best meats there is. Smoked Pork has just tons of flavor and rocks my world. I will eat it straight off the smoker if I need to, but we usually go for Sweet Baby Rays. They sent me 2 new sauces to try and this one is awesome! I also posted a great recipe with the new Honey Chipotle Barbecue Sauce and we love that one a lot cause it has a bit of heat. This one is sweet and has a hint of pineapple to it, so along with this Tangy Citrus Slaw, it was the perfect barbecue pork sandwich!
I’d recommend smoking the pork, but if you can’t do that, pop it in the slow cooker all day, low and slow with a little broth and onion. I would definitely say to go with a Hawaiian Roll too! I have a copycat recipe, if you’d like to make them yourself- so good either way! They are sweet and amazing, and 90 calories a piece, so having 2 of these was not bad for a dinner meal at all! We also grilled some pineapple rings, cause we’re fancy like that. I think the warm fruity flavors together are so great!
- Pork Meat, Slow Cooked or Smoked
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Hawaiian Barbecue Sauce
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Tangy Citrus Slaw:
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 jicama, grated on large holes of box grater
- 1/2 small red onion, grated on large holes of box grater
- 1/4 head red cabbage, grated on large holes of box grater
- 1 large carrot, grated on large holes of box grater
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
what to do
Slow Cook Meat, Pull apart, and add Hawaiian Barbecue Sauce.
To Make Slaw:
Shred and combine all of the veggies in a bowl, slightly draining the water as you go. Add in the orange, lime, juice, sugar, honey, and salt and pepper to taste.
This slaw is my uncle Eldon’s recipe, who is a Mexican food master and grilling master! He puts this slaw on pork tacos and it’s KILLER! Save it for later and use often. You’re welcome.
Be sure and check out Sweet Baby Ray’s new flavors because I never met one I didn’t like!!
Post Sponsored by Sweet Baby Rays. All opinions and ideas are my own.
- Strawberries and Spring Break – April 3, 2017
- Quitting my business, and [almost] Quitting blogging… – March 15, 2017
- DIY Gumball Machine ornaments for my Colorful Christmas tree! – December 5, 2016
- Thanksgiving in Arizona – November 28, 2016
- Orange Monkey Pull Apart Bread – November 23, 2016