free chalkboard fonts & free printables

ten free download Chalkboard fonts
i keep coming across more and more of these chalkboard fonts,
and i love each one.and when i am in a design funk,
and feeling uninspired with my current projects,
i have to go make something just for fun,
so this is what i did yesterday instead of real work…
and i have lots of that.
{sorry, clients if you’re reading this. insert other excuse -here-}
here’s the list to download each of these:
Chenier, Road Movie, Sketch, Jailbird, Grutch, Orange Juice, hand-letter, song for jennifer, marketing script, return to sender
i found a free chalk background that you are welcome to steal here:
{just save to your desktop. it’s 8×10, perfect for prints}
and two quick valentine prints you are welcome to use.
click to download and print.
Enjoy!

enjoy!linking up to these great partiesupdate: lots of questions on the extra little elements. mine are from this set i purchased here
though, a helpful reader also let me know of a free set that is quite similar here

35 comments on free chalkboard fonts & free printables

1. noreply@blogger.com'
    Anonymous
    February 7, 2013 at 6:21 am (2 years ago)

I was looking for a how to on how to print chalkboard like posters after looking up chalkboard birthday invitations and i am so glad you posted this! They are so expensive and now hopefully i can do them myself! Thanks so much

2. noreply@blogger.com'
    Randa
    February 8, 2013 at 8:10 pm (2 years ago)

Those are cute! I <3 the love one!

3. noreply@blogger.com'
    M.J. Powell
    February 13, 2013 at 10:19 pm (2 years ago)

These are fun! <br /><br />We would also like to invite you to link up with us at our link party which goes live tonight: http://thebusybhive.blogspot.com/<br /><br />Thanks!<br />The Busy Bee&#39;s,<br />Myrna and Joye.

4. noreply@blogger.com'
    jbech13
    February 15, 2013 at 7:40 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks for sharing! What font is the &quot;and&quot; that&#39;s before SKETCH? also..what font did you do the &quot;you and me&quot; poster in! Love them all! Thanks!

• noreply@blogger.com'
      Meg Clifford
      February 25, 2013 at 10:58 pm (2 years ago)

The &quot;and&quot; in both is actually from a separate pack I found with &quot;Chalk Elements&quot; it can be found here: http://fontscafe.com/font/chalk-hand-elements<br /><br />I just paid for it, since I design with them often, but if you would use them- it&#39;s so worth it!!<br /><br />The &quot;you&quot; and the &quot;me&quot; are written in the &quot;hand-letter&quot; font listed above.

5. noreply@blogger.com'
    Kathryn
    February 17, 2013 at 1:07 am (2 years ago)

Thanks for these! I found you thru Whipperberry. I&#39;ve subscribed.

6. noreply@blogger.com'
    Marsi
    March 15, 2013 at 9:13 pm (2 years ago)

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

7. noreply@blogger.com'
    Kalie
    March 19, 2013 at 2:02 pm (2 years ago)

What font did you use for the word chalkboard at the top banner? I really like that one. And thanks for sharing these fonts, they are great!

8. noreply@blogger.com'
    Lexi
    March 26, 2013 at 4:01 pm (2 years ago)

This is so helpful and amazing – thank you!!<br />Lexi @ <a href="http://glitterinc.com&quot; rel="nofollow">Glitter, Inc.</a>

9. noreply@blogger.com'
    Marcia Pilar
    May 4, 2013 at 1:02 pm (1 year ago)

Love it. Working on one for my blog now. Where would I find the scrolls?<br />Thx

10. noreply@blogger.com'
    Ria Cervantes
    June 27, 2013 at 2:51 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Meg! You&#39;re site is awesome! Thanks for being so generous to share your great finds here for us to enjoy and use.

• noreply@blogger.com'
      Meg Clifford
      July 17, 2013 at 4:59 pm (1 year ago)

Sorry about that! I added the pin-it button to all the images, so it was floating over that one too! you can use the button on the image now. ;)

11. noreply@blogger.com'
    Ellen Efford
    July 19, 2013 at 2:54 pm (1 year ago)

Hi Meg! Thanks for the post! I&#39;m new to this whole thing – and I&#39;ve download the fonts, but I&#39;m not sure how to access them once they are on my computer. I have a MAC, and I&#39;m not sure which program is best – any help!?

• noreply@blogger.com'
      Meg Clifford
      August 22, 2013 at 12:02 am (1 year ago)

If you are on a MAC you just need to drag the .ttf files into your FontBook (application) and it will ask if you want to install. Some programs will need to be restarted to see the fonts show up,

12. noreply@blogger.com'
    asif ali
    July 19, 2013 at 7:39 pm (1 year ago)

it is very beautifull website my all family and friends like it very much

13. noreply@blogger.com'
    RoyalBakery
    September 2, 2013 at 6:14 pm (1 year ago)

Really love these. Thank you so much!

14. noreply@blogger.com'
    RoyalBakery
    September 2, 2013 at 6:15 pm (1 year ago)

Really love these. Thank you so much!

15. noreply@blogger.com'
    13moons
    September 8, 2013 at 9:16 pm (1 year ago)

Thank you! These are awesme…just what I needed.

16. noreply@blogger.com'
    Rebecca
    September 19, 2013 at 8:44 pm (1 year ago)

You are amaaazing! :)

17. noreply@blogger.com'
    Janel
    November 19, 2013 at 2:49 pm (11 months ago)

Where did you find the actual banners (not the font inside, but the banners themselves)?

18. noreply@blogger.com'
    Lisa
    November 24, 2013 at 6:30 am (10 months ago)

Love this! I&#39;m looking to make my own calendar pages using chalkboard fonts. I just can&#39;t figure out how to draw lines that look chalk lines for the boxes. Any ideas?

19. noreply@blogger.com'
    christy
    November 29, 2013 at 6:56 pm (10 months ago)

I want to use some chalkboard fonts on black paper for a display, I think I am missing something but how do I print these out? Photo paper at a lab, on my printer at home, at an office supply store printer? I would see myself going through TONS of black ink. Any tips anyone?

• noreply@blogger.com'
      Meg Clifford
      December 2, 2013 at 10:15 pm (10 months ago)

You could definitely print at a photo lab or office supply store. I like Persnikety Prints as well. They print the full color pages on cardstock so it&#39;s perfect for prints!

• noreply@blogger.com'
      Mandy
      December 20, 2013 at 9:05 am (10 months ago)

First of all, thanks so much for this post! I&#39;m a new fan of your work and I&#39;m so glad to have found you!<br /><br />Second, I checked out Persnickety Prints, and I&#39;m not quite sure where in their variety of print features would I select? Would it be Photo Prints or something else? You had mentioned cardstock, so I wasn&#39;t sure if it was something different.<br /><br />Excuse my

• noreply@blogger.com'
      Meg Clifford
      December 20, 2013 at 9:13 am (10 months ago)

Mandy, no problem! When you select a print, select cardstock/wall art 8×10. It prints so pretty, with the colored background and is cut 8×10. Hope that helps!

20. tammy.leese.campbell@gmail.com'
    Tammy
    June 17, 2014 at 12:48 pm (4 months ago)

Love these! Thank you for sharing the all in one place. How do you get the ‘stretch’ effect where the words go up/down? What software did you use to make your digital chalkboards?

• Meg
      June 18, 2014 at 9:33 am (4 months ago)

I use photoshop so I am able to skew the text by dragging the corners wherever I want them and applying text effects to bend them…etc. ;)