my meal planning is going fantastically.
my husband is enjoying real meals [almost] every night,
and i am enjoying building back up a stock pile of recipes…
since we are still on my mom’s month of meals,
both of these recipes came from her,
and they are fabulous.
this is a finger-lickin good marinade,
and would good over rice as well. in fact,
cc wrote it in for next week too…
- 1/3 Cup soy sauce
- 1/3 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. Orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. Thai style sweet chili sauce
- 1 teas. Chili garlic sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teas. Curry powder
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (i use boobs)
- ASIAN NOODLE SALAD
- 1 package Linguine Noodles, Cooked, Rinsed, And Cooled
- heads Sliced Napa Cabbage, Or More To Taste
- heads Sliced Purple Cabbage, Or More To Taste
- bags Baby Spinach, Or More To Taste
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
- 1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
- 1 whole Orange Bell Pepper, Thinly Sliced
- 1 bag Bean Sprouts (also Called Mung Bean Sprouts)
- Chopped Cilantro, Up To 1 Bunch, To Taste
- 3 whole Scallions, Sliced
- 3 whole Cucumbers Peeled And Sliced
- Chopped Cilantro
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 whole Lime, Juiced
- 8 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons (up To 3 Tablespoons) Sesame Chili Oil
- 1/3 cp Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Chopped
what to do
1. Place all ingredients in a lg. zip-loc bag and knead ingredients till sugar is dissolved. Place chicken in bag and squeeze out the air, zip the bag closed and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium low heat and oil the grill.
3. Remove the chicken from the bag, pour excess marinade into a small saucepan , bring to full boil for 1 min. to sterilize the marinade.
4. Grill chicken till no longer pink in middle and showing grill marks, about 25 minutes, basting generously with the sterilized marinade as it grills.
5. Spoon remaining marinade over chicken just before serving.
6. Lick the pan formerly housing the marinade. Don’t even look back.
- A DIY Tufted Headboard – IKEA toddler bed hack – August 2, 2017
- unicorn and rainbow birthday party for reese – July 27, 2017
- angels singing | back to school – July 24, 2017
- Strawberries and Spring Break – April 3, 2017
- Quitting my business, and [almost] Quitting blogging… – March 15, 2017