i guess i just thought i would go teach for a while
and then go back to school someday…maybe a few years down the road…
lucky for me,
i had a sweet job that involved education
(minus the stress of teaching/planning/grading/whiny parents)
the past year.5 or so involved:
approximately 150 papers,
(one 45 page monster thesis)
a handful of tears,
lots of caffeine,
writing lesson plans in my sleep.
somehow, it ended.
and my aha moment was as i completed the last assignment:
it was fun! i realized that i can throw together a creative curriculum
for a class in a short amount of time. and i like doing it!
it was like my first class in college (well, at byu) that i took.
it was american lit history.
the last class before the final,
the professor prayed for us that we would do well,
then he showed us a slide-show with music
of all of the writers and works and periods that we learned about.
i was so overwhelmed that i could learn all of that and how much it meant to me.
i have a masters in education: curriculum & instruction,
i am pretty glad i did it.
i am a phoenix.
- Strawberries and Spring Break – April 3, 2017
- Quitting my business, and [almost] Quitting blogging… – March 15, 2017
- DIY Gumball Machine ornaments for my Colorful Christmas tree! – December 5, 2016
- Thanksgiving in Arizona – November 28, 2016
- Orange Monkey Pull Apart Bread – November 23, 2016